Removing Communication Silos to Improve Student Outcomes
We often talk about the organizational structure in higher education as being “siloed,” meaning that different areas across campus work very independently in a manner that causes misalignment of goals, resources, and communication resulting in a very disjointed and often frustrating experience for students and staff. In this webinar, we'll talk about how to remove these silos to improve your student experience and outcomes.
Date: June 7, 2023
Time: 2pm ET | 11am PT
Host: Jennifer McGee
Campus Success Consultant
Guest Speaker: Meri Michaelson
Assistant Director of Outreach and Pathways Center for Student Engagement
Bridgewater State University
If we want to impact student success and create positive student outcomes, we must remove these communication silos, streamline communication processes, and make the business of being a student easier to navigate. But how do we do that? How do we ensure our students have what they need to succeed without overwhelming them with multiple different systems or complicated tools?
During this live webinar we’ll be joined by Meri Michaelson, Assistant Director of Outreach and Pathways Center for Student Engagement, from Bridgewater State University to discuss how her school has overcome some communication issues and improved the student experience.
She will show us how BSU used technology to collaborate with multiple offices on campus (Financial Aid, University Communications, and Student Affairs), to streamline graduation-related communications with students, and to distribute programming that helped graduating seniors transition more smoothly from college life into their next chapters. This process made the graduation easier and more enjoyable for graduating students, and resulted in higher student and staff satisfaction.
What you'll learn:
- What are communication silos and why they hurt your students, faculty, and staff.
- How to overcome communication silos and improve the student experience with the right tech solutions.
- Specific ways Bridgewater State University used technology on their campus to streamline communication across different departments to keep students better informed.
- The exact system and technology tools Bridgewater State University used to create a program for graduating seniors to help them prepare for a successful transition out of college
- How to create impactful, quick wins for your students with mobile and portal technology in just a couple of months, without a heavy lift from your staff.
You Should Join If:
- You are looking to understand the impact of the disjointed student experience caused by communication silos.
- You are interested in a centralized digital student experience as an ideal gateway to services and communication.
- You are a university administrator or leader curious about how technology impacts student success and engagement.