Working with over 200 partners, we've been able to compile a list of some of the most popular and engaging events across college campuses in the US and Canada. The events are broken up into two types of lists:
- The Most Popular: Those events that resulted in the highest turn out of the student body (relative to enrollment)
- The Most Engaging: Those events that received the highest ratings from students (based on at least 25 ratings submitted)
The Most Popular Events: Popular list key: Event Name (Percentage of FTE Attended | FTE) Description
- Orientation Party (43.8% | 809): This year’s party is going to be bigger and better than ever with events all over campus! There’s music! Food! Inflatables! Friends! Fun!
- Back to School Bash (35.4% | 1,034): Celebrating the start of the Fall Semester!
- Engagement Fair (34.1% | 704): Come out to the [student center] and visit all the tables to learn more about getting involved at the college.
- Freshman Orientation (29.4% | 1,527): All the details + your orientation kit are on your Campus App!
- New Student Convocation (24.9% | 1,119): All new students will gather together, along with Faculty and Staff, for a formal induction into the class of 2021.
- Lunch at the President's House (23.7% | 1,119): Meet the President of the college and representatives of the President’s Council for a special luncheon on their front lawn.
- Free T-shirts for Campus App users (22.3% | 1,034): Free t-shirts for mobile app users at the Back to School Bash. You must scan the QR code to receive your t-shirt.
- Welcome to the SGU (20.9% | 588): We will introduce you to some key players in our team and talk about the how SGU will impact your life and help you grow.
- Catalyst Bystander Training with Alex Leslie (20.7% | 1,119): This presentation will help you develop the skills to recognize potentially serious situations, like possible violence or abuse, and practice skills to intervene and stop these situations from getting worse.
- Maximize your Buzz (16.4% | 804): Alcohol awareness program - mandatory for all first-year students
The Most Engaging Events: Engagement list key: Event Name (Event Rating | FTE): Description
- Learn how to Relax (99.05% | 2,113): Upperclassmen lacrosse players will teach residents how to play lacrosse and learn more about their strengths as a team!
- GAYme Night: (98.4% | 25,393): Community bonding, board games and pride celebrations
- First Ads Club Meeting (98.26% | 9,361): We will participate in icebreakers, eat cookies, and talk about all the awesome things Ads Club is planning for the coming semester!
- Varsity Volleyball Match (97.27% | 583): Volleyball match against rival institution
- Chalk and Tea (97.14% | 809): Come drink some tea, doodle on the whiteboard and network with classmates.
- Awareness Week Ice Cream Social (96.92% | 1,034): Get yourself some ice-cream and maybe learn some helpful info on Phi Theta Kappa!
- 90's Night (96.55% | 2,109): Incoming freshmen, you're the last of the 90's kids! We will celebrate and remember current events of the time and enjoy 90's music and snacks!
- Fun Friday Pool Party (96.29% | 8,801): Join Us for a Fun way to cool off & meet New friends!
- Movie Night (96.14% | 1,950): Movie night at the Paramount theater
- Mind-shift: Welcome to College (96.00 | 768): An inspirational event for men who want college to be good, not bad.
Have you run similar events on your campus? Leave a comment below and let us know your most successful events!