How can schools impact retention by using technology to help students feel they belong?
When students are engaged and feel that they belong at their school, they benefit from wide-ranging positive effects. They tend to use school resources at higher rates, experience better mental health, earn higher GPAs, and graduate at higher rates.
However, each student’s situation is different and it’s not always easy for them to engage with their school or their peers. Likewise, it can be difficult for institutions to identify students who are disengaged and intervene with the right resources before it’s too late.
In this webinar, Post University, San Jose State University, and Ready Education will discuss specific strategies they’ve developed for increasing student engagement, identifying disengaged students, and intervening with support at just the right time.
You Should Join If:
- You are looking for ways to increase student engagement and positively impact student retention
- You are interested in fostering a sense of belonging in groups that have historically been less engaged than their peers - including first-generation, non-traditional, commuter, and online students.
- You are a university administrator or leader curious about how technology impacts student success and engagement.
What You'll Learn:
- The key elements for boosting student engagement and helping students feel like they belong
- The crucial role mobile technology and applications can play in providing equitable opportunities for on-campus, fully-online, and commuter students to engage with each other and campus life.
- How Post University and San Jose State University are using mobile technology today to support their students holistically, and how this kind of support has helped them increase student retention.
VP of Student Experience
Henderson Hill III
Director for Student Involvement
San José State University
Assist. Dir. of Campus Programming
Dr. Christine Deacons
VP of Research and Student Success
Access the Recording
The Power of Digital Connections:
How Increasing Students’ Sense of Belonging
2 PM ET | 11 AM PT
Can't make it live? RSVP to receive the recording and slides.